Anyone in Ohio? Jupiter-4 FS alert at a (maybe) reasonable price.

Anyone in Ohio? Jupiter-4 FS alert at a (maybe) reasonable price.

DJ Maytag
I was doing some perusing of sale ads and came across a Jupiter-4 for sale in Ohio for $1900. I don't know what the market for this synth is like, but that seems a bit low (I could definitely be wrong).

Anyway, I'm just passing this along in case anyone might be interested. Check your local Craigslist ads!

Mitch

Re: Anyone in Ohio? Jupiter-4 FS alert at a (maybe) reasonable price.

FlavioB
Hi Mitch.
Here in Switzerland a JP-4 (with memory expansion - don't know what model) sold for CHF 2600 like 6 weeks ago. This is *overpriced* in my eyes, but YMMV.
Actually, there is a JP-4 (no memory expansion and one button cap missing) for CHF 2000. The exchange rate has massively changed, but anyway: CHF 2000 *could* be interesting, if nothing has to be done (repair-wise) on that synth.
Lastly, a couple of months ago I missed a JP-4 with only 2 voices working (because the seller has demonstrated being an a**hole!). That one I would've payed CHF 1100.- but he sold it to another guy, because he "needed the money"!!!

My 2 cents...
F.

I was doing some perusing of sale ads and came across a Jupiter-4 for sale in Ohio for $1900. I don't know what the market for this synth is like, but that seems a bit low (I could definitely be wrong).

Anyway, I'm just passing this along in case anyone might be interested. Check your local Craigslist ads!

Mitch

Mitch

Re: Anyone in Ohio? Jupiter-4 FS alert at a (maybe) reasonable price.

sines
FYI, The post is on FB - Cincinnati vintage music instruments forum from Kent Meloy
https://www.facebook.com/groups/241115656070487/permalink/677988899049825/

"Hi Todd, I still have it, but actually it's at the repair shop being refurbed.  One black key is  missing and there are some issues around drifting oscillators and controls that need tweaking/repairing.   Hoping to have it back in a month or so and will be re-evaluating the sale price once it's back to pristine.  It will probably end up in the $3k-$4k range, but I'm still doing a little research.   If you're good with that I'm more than happy to hold it for you instead of eBay-ing it."

to which I responded
"One of these was sold at the Dayton Goodwill for $1600 in Nov 2016. I know because I bid on it.”
see https://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=34493044

Kent;
"I'll see what the interest is once I get it back. Just sold my refurbed OB-X for $5400 and was surprised how quickly it went at that price."

:|

Todd

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 9:58 AM, punkdISCO <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A JP4 with both MidiPolis Mods is a truely magical little fella...
>
> Paul
> London
> www.punkdisco.co.uk
>
> On 3 Aug 2017, at 14:47, Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mitch.
>> Here in Switzerland a JP-4 (with memory expansion - don't know what model) sold for CHF 2600 like 6 weeks ago. This is *overpriced* in my eyes, but YMMV.
>> Actually, there is a JP-4 (no memory expansion and one button cap missing) for CHF 2000. The exchange rate has massively changed, but anyway: CHF 2000 *could* be interesting, if nothing has to be done (repair-wise) on that synth.
>> Lastly, a couple of months ago I missed a JP-4 with only 2 voices working (because the seller has demonstrated being an a**hole!). That one I would've payed CHF 1100.- but he sold it to another guy, because he "needed the money"!!!
>>
>> My 2 cents...
>> F.
>>
>> https://soundcloud.com/bonnyfused

>> I was doing some perusing of sale ads and came across a Jupiter-4 for sale in Ohio for $1900. I don't know what the market for this synth is like, but that seems a bit low (I could definitely be wrong).
>>
>> Anyway, I'm just passing this along in case anyone might be interested. Check your local Craigslist ads!
>>
>> Mitch

Re: Anyone in Ohio? Jupiter-4 FS alert at a (maybe) reasonable price.

DJ Maytag
Boo that man! Sorry, I thought this might be a good deal for someone, at a posted price. So lame and douchey of Kent Meloy...
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:09 PM sines <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI, The post is on FB - Cincinnati vintage music instruments forum from Kent Meloy
https://www.facebook.com/groups/241115656070487/permalink/677988899049825/

"Hi Todd, I still have it, but actually it's at the repair shop being refurbed.  One black key is  missing and there are some issues around drifting oscillators and controls that need tweaking/repairing.   Hoping to have it back in a month or so and will be re-evaluating the sale price once it's back to pristine.  It will probably end up in the $3k-$4k range, but I'm still doing a little research.   If you're good with that I'm more than happy to hold it for you instead of eBay-ing it."

to which I responded
"One of these was sold at the Dayton Goodwill for $1600 in Nov 2016. I know because I bid on it.”
see https://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=34493044

Kent;
"I'll see what the interest is once I get it back. Just sold my refurbed OB-X for $5400 and was surprised how quickly it went at that price."

:|

Todd

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 9:58 AM, punkdISCO <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A JP4 with both MidiPolis Mods is a truely magical little fella...
>
> Paul
> London
> www.punkdisco.co.uk
>
> On 3 Aug 2017, at 14:47, Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mitch.
>> Here in Switzerland a JP-4 (with memory expansion - don't know what model) sold for CHF 2600 like 6 weeks ago. This is *overpriced* in my eyes, but YMMV.
>> Actually, there is a JP-4 (no memory expansion and one button cap missing) for CHF 2000. The exchange rate has massively changed, but anyway: CHF 2000 *could* be interesting, if nothing has to be done (repair-wise) on that synth.
>> Lastly, a couple of months ago I missed a JP-4 with only 2 voices working (because the seller has demonstrated being an a**hole!). That one I would've payed CHF 1100.- but he sold it to another guy, because he "needed the money"!!!
>>
>> My 2 cents...
>> F.
>>
>> https://soundcloud.com/bonnyfused

>> I was doing some perusing of sale ads and came across a Jupiter-4 for sale in Ohio for $1900. I don't know what the market for this synth is like, but that seems a bit low (I could definitely be wrong).
>>
>> Anyway, I'm just passing this along in case anyone might be interested. Check your local Craigslist ads!
>>
>> Mitch

Re: Anyone in Ohio? Jupiter-4 FS alert at a (maybe) reasonable price.

FlavioB
Kent is indeed expecting to make way too much money on that synth!!!
If you're interested, Mitch, I can help you getting that unit here in Switzerland (I can go on site an play/test it for you).
F.

DJ Maytag <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 3. Aug. 2017, 19:41:
Boo that man! Sorry, I thought this might be a good deal for someone, at a posted price. So lame and douchey of Kent Meloy...
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:09 PM sines <[hidden email]> wrote:
FYI, The post is on FB - Cincinnati vintage music instruments forum from Kent Meloy
https://www.facebook.com/groups/241115656070487/permalink/677988899049825/

"Hi Todd, I still have it, but actually it's at the repair shop being refurbed.  One black key is  missing and there are some issues around drifting oscillators and controls that need tweaking/repairing.   Hoping to have it back in a month or so and will be re-evaluating the sale price once it's back to pristine.  It will probably end up in the $3k-$4k range, but I'm still doing a little research.   If you're good with that I'm more than happy to hold it for you instead of eBay-ing it."

to which I responded
"One of these was sold at the Dayton Goodwill for $1600 in Nov 2016. I know because I bid on it.”
see https://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=34493044

Kent;
"I'll see what the interest is once I get it back. Just sold my refurbed OB-X for $5400 and was surprised how quickly it went at that price."

:|

Todd

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 9:58 AM, punkdISCO <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> A JP4 with both MidiPolis Mods is a truely magical little fella...
>
> Paul
> London
> www.punkdisco.co.uk
>
> On 3 Aug 2017, at 14:47, Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mitch.
>> Here in Switzerland a JP-4 (with memory expansion - don't know what model) sold for CHF 2600 like 6 weeks ago. This is *overpriced* in my eyes, but YMMV.
>> Actually, there is a JP-4 (no memory expansion and one button cap missing) for CHF 2000. The exchange rate has massively changed, but anyway: CHF 2000 *could* be interesting, if nothing has to be done (repair-wise) on that synth.
>> Lastly, a couple of months ago I missed a JP-4 with only 2 voices working (because the seller has demonstrated being an a**hole!). That one I would've payed CHF 1100.- but he sold it to another guy, because he "needed the money"!!!
>>
>> My 2 cents...
>> F.
>>
>> https://soundcloud.com/bonnyfused

>> I was doing some perusing of sale ads and came across a Jupiter-4 for sale in Ohio for $1900. I don't know what the market for this synth is like, but that seems a bit low (I could definitely be wrong).
>>
>> Anyway, I'm just passing this along in case anyone might be interested. Check your local Craigslist ads!
>>
>> Mitch

Re: Anyone in Ohio? Jupiter-4 FS alert at a (maybe) reasonable price.

DJ Maytag
Dude may not have been kidding when he said he got $5400 for an OB-X on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/201990100469

He's got 0% feedback through, and it looks like that might have been his only transaction on eBay.

Sorry, but I actually have ZERO interest in a Jupiter-4 - at ANY price. It's just not my thing. I figured someone on here might be, so I passed the info along. Sorry it didn't pan out.

On a related note, I "missed out" on an SEM that was a recent topic here ("Do reissues affect your view on the price of vintage models?"). Dude wanted $1800 for he SEM he was trying to sell to a store where I know a guy. Both I and the store passed, and I'd rather buy a reissue SEM with patchpoints that add value to my setup!
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:50 PM Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>> Lastly, a couple of months ago I missed a JP-4 with only 2 voices working (because the seller has demonstrated being an a**hole!). That one I would've payed CHF 1100.- but he sold it to another guy, because he "needed the money"!!!
>>
>> My 2 cents...
>> F.
>>
>> https://soundcloud.com/bonnyfused

>> I was doing some perusing of sale ads and came across a Jupiter-4 for sale in Ohio for $1900. I don't know what the market for this synth is like, but that seems a bit low (I could definitely be wrong).
>>
>> Anyway, I'm just passing this along in case anyone might be interested. Check your local Craigslist ads!
>>
>> Mitch

Re: Anyone in Ohio? Jupiter-4 FS alert at a (maybe) reasonable price.

Steven Clements
Whatchoo mean both mods?

http://midipolis.blogspot.ca/

Steven

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 7:58 AM, punkdISCO <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Florian Anwander-2
Hello

I don't want to be a spoiler, but in the last two years I had three
customers, who asked me to uninstall the MidiPolis stuff from their JP4.
Though the idea behind it is very nice. But the quality of the firmware
seems not to be what one is used from other Mod-Kits. I cannot judge it
from my on JP4 (which is  not yet modded), but my customers told me that
they suffered a lot of annoying things from MIDI hangs, to wrong
parameter assignment due to buffer overrun (my interpretation), up to
complete system freezes.

Here in Germany the price range of sold JP-4s on ebay in the last 6
months is between 1600 (optically 7/10, but working, not modded) and
2100 (pristine look, and Midipolis).

Florian

http://www.florian-anwander.de

RE: Anyone in Ohio? Jupiter-4 FS alert at a (maybe) reasonable price.

foRUMS 4 punkdISCO

Hi Steven

> Whatchoo mean both mods?

> http://midipolis.blogspot.ca/

The website is not the best so here are extracted summaries:

1) Io Keyboard Assigner Extension board 129 EUR.

Enables MIDI control over pitch note, pitch bend, cutoff frequency, volume and portamento. It also synchronizes the arpeggio to MIDI clock and has two powerful LFOs on pitch bend and cutoff frequency. LFO settings are storable and recallable.

2) Io Patch Programmer board 99 EUR.

Complete replacement of the Jupiter's original patch programmer microprocessor with full MIDI specification and lots of functional enhancements including:

-  Stored patches can be edited.

 - All programmable sliders and switches send and receive MIDI control change messages.

- Patch memory is expanded 8 times the original to 64 patches.

- MIDI Program Change messages are sent and received.

- MIDI channel can be changed by using combination of memory buttons.

- Patches can be copied from one memory place to an other.

- A so-called Second Page that enables control of the added LFOs and setting of velocity control.

- Firmware is upgradable thru MIDI.

- Noise level can be controlled as a new patch parameter

- Memory dump for importing and exporting patches

 - Switchable MIDI Thru

Paul

London

www.punkdisco.co.uk