BA662 pinout

fierce fish
Has anyone got the datasheet for the BA662, I need to know which pin is the inverted input and which is the non-inverted input, also anyone know how to stop it clicking on fast attack sounds (apart from increase the attack!) I'm guessing a small cap across the inputs but any pearls of wisdom appreciated.

Re: BA662 pinout

Amos-3
That chip tends to have some DC bias on the output as I recall, which can
lead to clipping... if you have a scope you should be able to measure the
amount of bias, and then you can use an appropriate value pull-up (or down)
resistor to get the signal centered on ground.  That will help with the
clicking, although a slightly increased attack time isn't a bad idea either.
;-)

Cheers!

On 8/23/07, fierce fish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Has anyone got the datasheet for the BA662, I need to know which pin is
> the inverted input and which is the non-inverted input, also anyone know how
> to stop it clicking on fast attack sounds (apart from increase the attack!)
> I'm guessing a small cap across the inputs but any pearls of wisdom
> appreciated.

External ARP 4012 Clone VCF-anyone?

M.J.B.
I'm wondering if anyone has bought and assembled
emulatorarchive's DIY 4012 VCF clone and how it
sounded?

does anyone know of any other DIY 4012 clones you
can make?  and if there are any users out there I
would love to hear some comments.

micah

y[]a[]z[]z[]o[]f[]e[]v[]e[]r[]

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: External ARP 4012 Clone VCF-anyone?

Dennis Verschoor
On 8/23/07, M.J.B. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has bought and assembled
> emulatorarchive's DIY 4012 VCF clone and how it
> sounded?
>
> does anyone know of any other DIY 4012 clones you
> can make?  and if there are any users out there I
> would love to hear some comments.
>
> micah
>
> y[]a[]z[]z[]o[]f[]e[]v[]e[]r[]
>

>       ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

- Soon gear pictures at: http://atari.1040.st
-
          -
- Music at:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=103352029
-
-

RE: External ARP 4012 Clone VCF-anyone?

Info-1482
Hi
The AM4012 ARP Low Pass Filter clone isn't in production, so no-one has
built one yet. The ARP design is very similar to the classic Moog, but there
are subtle differences. The AM clone is just like the ARP 2600 filter, and
it will be available later in 2007. The clone of the ARP 4035 is available
now, which is where ARP implemented the Moog ladder filter design with
CA3086 transistor arrays rather than discrete transistors. The AM4035 sounds
fat and warm, and the new components are better than the originals I have
compared it with (well they are 30 years old...), but there remain
differences from the Moog Prodigy filter which uses CA3046's....

I'll be posting spectral analysis of the filters soon...here is the AM4023.
http://www.emulatorarchive.com/Modules/ARP/AM4023/am4023.html

Regards
Rob
www.emulatorarchive.com

I'm wondering if anyone has bought and assembled emulatorarchive's DIY 4012
VCF clone and how it sounded?

does anyone know of any other DIY 4012 clones you
can make?  and if there are any users out there I
would love to hear some comments.

micah

y[]a[]z[]z[]o[]f[]e[]v[]e[]r[]

________
Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Re: BA662 pinout

Dave Manley
fierce fish wrote:
> Has anyone got the datasheet for the BA662, I need to know which pin is the inverted input and which is the non-inverted input
The Roland 100M Service Manual gives the following pinout:

1 CV1
2 -IN1
3 +IN1
4 Not labeled but appears to be CV2
5 -V
6 OUT1
7 IN2
8 OUT2
9 +V

The pdf I have is labeled www.ftg.co.uk, but I'm not sure where I got it
(probably dl.analoghell.com).

-Dave

Re: External ARP 4012 Clone VCF-anyone?

Tomislav Babic
On 8/23/07, Info <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
> The AM4012 ARP Low Pass Filter clone isn't in production, so no-one has
> built one yet.

The clone of the ARP 4035 is available now,

hi Rob. when will ARP4006, 4012 and E-Mu discrete VCO (AM2200) became
available,
do u have plans for production of PCBs any time soon ?

these modules interest me the most. due to shortage of SSMs, im not into the
late
e-mu module versions using them (tho i dig the sound), but am looking
forward to
more "vintage" discrete-based modules from you.

thanks
regards
Tom

--