Bad trader alert Hicham Bachir (Isham Isham on FB) in Switzerland

Bad trader alert Hicham Bachir (Isham Isham on FB) in Switzerland

FlavioB
Hi ppl.
I don't know if this seller is on this list or whether he'll ever join it. Also I don't know if anybody of you will have the chance to buy synths in Europe, but anyway - I gotta get this off of my chest.

Please bear with me - it's not a "short story", so if you're not into reading, just delete this email right now...

It all began like 2 weeks ago. I found a GRP A4 being auctioned on ricardo.ch (Swiss auction site). Starting price was very tempting (CHF 3889), so I watched it for a couple of days. In the meantime I searched for the same synth on tutti.ch (free portal for trades) and I found it, being sold for CHF 4350! So I sent him an email from tutti.ch asking for information like build date, serial number and so on. He replied very kindly and explained everything. He somewhen also told me that he'd lower the price a bit if I'd be really interested. To this, I replied with a low offer (CHF 3500) just to start talking about price - he came back with:
"My lowest price is 4100.- , below this price I keep it. New Grp will cost you at today's currency with shipping and taxes more than 5k chf"
Only after this, I told him that I had seen the same GRP A4 on the auction site ricardo.ch and he confirmed it being his one. Thus I told him that "I don't think your lowest price is Fr. 4'100.- as you've put the same A4 on an auction on ricardo.ch with starting price Fr. 3'889.- ;-)"
He was kind enough to admit the dual ad (on the two sites) and he was like "It is indeed on Ricardo , nothing to hide and hopefully in 2 bids i will be very near 4000 and above -:) if it doesn't sell,  I will keep it without regret -;)"

I won the ricardo.ch auction on 2nd of August, for CHF 3889 and emailed him to schedule an appointment so that I could go pick it up and pay him cash.
He didn't reply, so 2 days later I sent him an SMS on the mobile he registered in his profile on ricardo.ch - no reply either. After 2 more days I called him on his mobile: "this number is non-existing" was the only thing I heard. OOOOK MAN!
I sent him another couple of emails, asking for feedback and for a schedule... NOTHING!
Until tonight, where I got this:
"Please accept my apologies for my delay as I was out of country till now ( my mailbox exploded and your emails were amongst hundreds of spam).
I was not able to close the auction before the end being in Spain ( my I tentez access was poor) as the Grp is not more available for sale, really sorry for that. I wanted to avoid this situation but it's my mistake to travel at the wrong time ...

I can understand you are not happy with that ...

Your first idea to get the new one with the revised version is  certainly better.l by the way."

My interpretation is that he didn't want to sell it for less than CHF 4100 but didn't take ricardo.ch auction into account (that nobody here in Switzerland is really eager to spend almost 4k CHF in a synth, besides me :-) )...

So, just to summarize: DON'T TRUST HICHAM BACHIR!!!

BTW: do you have suggestions on how I eventually can get that GRP A4?

F.

Re: Bad trader alert Hicham Bachir (Isham Isham on FB) in Switzerland

Matt Davey
sorry for your loss,,,

but that email is a big effort to read.

wanna summarise it in one paragraph?

Re: Bad trader alert Hicham Bachir (Isham Isham on FB) in Switzerland

FlavioB
Hi Matt - here the summarized version:
I won an auction and the seller now tells me he already sold the GRP A4.
I firmly believe he was not happy with the low auction end (CHF 200.- less than what he told me being his lowest price).
F.

sorry for your loss,,,

but that email is a big effort to read.

wanna summarise it in one paragraph?

Re: Bad trader alert Hicham Bachir (Isham Isham on FB) in Switzerland

Matt Davey
ok, so dishonourable, but they didn't take your cash and run away, or sell a broken thing claiming it was mint.

not the worst seller ever,

Re: Bad trader alert Hicham Bachir (Isham Isham on FB) in Switzerland

Werner Schönenberger
Hallo Flavio,

According to Riccardo's business rules with the end of the auction, the seller enters a contract with you and he cannot step back from the sale. Contact ricardo. They will help you to get your instrument.

Good luck,
Werner

F.

Re: Bad trader alert Hicham Bachir (Isham Isham on FB) in Switzerland

Mike Perkowitz
Administrator

It's a bad trader alert. The alert has been given; we don't need to debate whether it's "bad enough" to be worth posting.

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 12:07 AM, Justin Maxwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

a badness knob that goes up to 11?