Hohner International EK4

Gordon Reid
Hello all,

I have a beaten up old Hohner International EK4 string synth that I
saved from destruction. (The previous owner was about to throw it
into the trash.) It appears to be fully functional at the oscillator
end of things, but is almost silent, with a break in the signal chain
somewhere in the chorus section or output stages. Unfortunately, the
fault is not obvious. It would take a day or more to reverse engineer
it to find the damage, but probably 30 minutes to fix it with the
schematics.

Does anybody have a service manual, circuit diagram, or anything that
might help? It would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gordon.

P.S. I am not doing this to try to sell it and make a profit.

Re: Hohner International EK4

Mikael Lindgren
Hi Gordon,

  I can't help you with a service manual or circuit diagram, but I do know that this model
  was made (in 1978/79) by the Italian company ELEX (ELettronica EXcelsior) for Hohner Internationai Belgium/UK.
  This was the same company that built the Hohner International piano I & II (K-1), Stringvox/String-orchestra (K-2), Jazz-rock organ/piano (K-3) and Stringer/String thing (K-4) as well as the Cordovox CDX-P425 electronic piano and Cordovox CRD-0610 portable organ.

  regards,
  Micke

Gordon Reid <[hidden email]> wrote:
  Hello all,

I have a beaten up old Hohner International EK4 string synth that I
saved from destruction. (The previous owner was about to throw it
into the trash.) It appears to be fully functional at the oscillator
end of things, but is almost silent, with a break in the signal chain
somewhere in the chorus section or output stages. Unfortunately, the
fault is not obvious. It would take a day or more to reverse engineer
it to find the damage, but probably 30 minutes to fix it with the
schematics.

Does anybody have a service manual, circuit diagram, or anything that
might help? It would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Gordon.

P.S. I am not doing this to try to sell it and make a profit.

Be a PS3 game guru.