Keyboard packing for shipping

Sam Mims

We just posted a video on the way we pack synthesizers for shipping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDlUZRV04bI

Sam Mims

Syntaur

Re: Keyboard packing for shipping

FlavioB
Thanks for sharing!
Would you suggest to add silica to the packaging as well?
F.

We just posted a video on the way we pack synthesizers for shipping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDlUZRV04bI

Sam Mims

Syntaur

RE: Keyboard packing for shipping

Peter Forrest

Good stuff, Sam!

I was just wondering if you were going to mention cutting boxes down to the best size – and you did.

Like you say, it can make quite a large difference in shipping price, especially overseas.

The other thing I would say, at the other extreme, is that if a box is NEARLY perfect – just a bit too tight on one side – it is an accident waiting to happen.

Your packing looks great – I wish everyone who sends things would do that sort of job.

For instance... a beautiful, rare, fantastic R.A. Moog Minimoog, working great, looking great, shipped across Europe in a ‘custom-made, expensive’ plywood crate with no internal protection.

How it arrived in the UK in one piece and still working 100% was a miracle.

Peter

Syntaur

RE: Keyboard packing for shipping

Peter Forrest

Hi Flavio

Chiming in here while the US still sleeps :o)

We use silica gel inside bubble-wrap packages for long-term storage but don’t consider even the slowest couriers to be long-term – except possibly to Chile, whose customs seem to keep things for months in their warehouses.

Peter

RE: Keyboard packing for shipping

Sam Mims

Not a bad idea if you are packing for storage purposes – but what we are shipping will presumably be opened a couple of days later, so I don’t think it is needed for that.

Sam Mims

Syntaur