Korg Mini-Korg 700S

12

Korg Mini-Korg 700S

FlavioB
Hi there.
Would have the chance to get my hands on one, in working condition but with some broken sliders. What's the actual and "honest" value for such a unit?

BR,

Re: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

DJ Maytag
I think I saw one on Craigslist recently for like $700. I guess that's fairly normal, and a bit under eBay going rates.

Mitch
On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 5:08 PM Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there.
Would have the chance to get my hands on one, in working condition but with some broken sliders. What's the actual and "honest" value for such a unit?

BR,

Re: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

FlavioB
Hi Mitch,
eBay shows some above USD 1000 - I mean like 1200-1400!!! That'd be crazy!
F.

I think I saw one on Craigslist recently for like $700. I guess that's fairly normal, and a bit under eBay going rates.

Mitch
On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 5:08 PM Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there.
Would have the chance to get my hands on one, in working condition but with some broken sliders. What's the actual and "honest" value for such a unit?

BR,

BR,

Re: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

John Emond-2
Don't want to get into price debate. Actually they are discouraged. However, listen to early Cars for good examples of this sound.

Monde Synthesizer gives you More

On May 9, 2017, at 6:44 PM, DJ Maytag <[hidden email]> wrote:

My bad. It's up for $900. Still, that's WAY more than I would ever pay for one.

Mitch
On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 5:23 PM Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mitch,
eBay shows some above USD 1000 - I mean like 1200-1400!!! That'd be crazy!
F.

I think I saw one on Craigslist recently for like $700. I guess that's fairly normal, and a bit under eBay going rates.

Mitch
On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 5:08 PM Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there.
Would have the chance to get my hands on one, in working condition but with some broken sliders. What's the actual and "honest" value for such a unit?

BR,

BR,

Re: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

skunk3
In average condition with broken sliders and needing TLC? I wouldn't pay more than $600 tops.

Then again, I'd recommend getting something modern like an Ultranova. It can nail the 700S sound, as my friend Martin showcased in a YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFdqOxC6Mq0

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 6:15 PM, Kylee Kennedy <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Peter Mörck
You may have a point, but it was a poor example :)
I see/hear only Jen SX1000 and Alpha Juno.

On 10 May 2017 at 01:17, skunk3 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

mister bunty
Hi Flavio,

For just a little more, you could pick up a maxikorg. A superior synth, in my estimation. And beautiful.

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017, Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there.
Would have the chance to get my hands on one, in working condition but with some broken sliders. What's the actual and "honest" value for such a unit?

BR,

BR,

Re: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

mark@synths.net
I picked up a NOS 700s in the box last year.

If I sold it, the price would definitely contain 4 figures.

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:09 PM, Steven Clements <[hidden email]> wrote:
I sold mine for $400 last year... it was fully working but it really was only "OK"

Steven

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 7:06 PM, mister bunty <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Flavio,

For just a little more, you could pick up a maxikorg. A superior synth, in my estimation. And beautiful.

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017, Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there.
Would have the chance to get my hands on one, in working condition but with some broken sliders. What's the actual and "honest" value for such a unit?

BR,

Re: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

Scott Gibbons
What Mr Bunty said.

The Maxi is not unlike having two 770's strapped on top of each other, with some very practical & useful interaction possible between the two.

all my best,
- Scott

On May 9, 2017, at 6:06 PM, mister bunty <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Flavio,

For just a little more, you could pick up a maxikorg. A superior synth, in my estimation. And beautiful.

On Tuesday, May 9, 2017, Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi there.
Would have the chance to get my hands on one, in working condition but with some broken sliders. What's the actual and "honest" value for such a unit?

BR,

Re: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

M V-5

I think the Maxi is more like two 700s together. The individual 700s doesn't have a separate vibrato LFO and I think one or two other features.

BR,

RE: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

Peter Forrest

770s were synths I had never ever had my hands on, and last auction I tested two and  I was very impressed.  They are wonderful synths.  Totally brilliant design, honestly, for me, somewhere between the 800DV and 700S.

Peter

I think the Maxi is more like two 700s together. The individual 700s doesn't have a separate vibrato LFO and I think one or two other features.

BR,

Re: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

r- jeancarlo
Pre MS Korgs have been my work horses for a long time. They are unique in so many ways and sound great stock but from my experience I feel they are always hungry to show their potential (modwise). Imo these synths were designed for way more but were capped to cater to the masses at the time. The MS series later changed that. There's a lot of muscle in these pre Ms pups..

Ramiro

On May 11, 2017, at 7:28 PM, Peter Forrest <[hidden email]> wrote:

770s were synths I had never ever had my hands on, and last auction I tested two and  I was very impressed.  They are wonderful synths.  Totally brilliant design, honestly, for me, somewhere between the 800DV and 700S.

Peter

I think the Maxi is more like two 700s together. The individual 700s doesn't have a separate vibrato LFO and I think one or two other features.

BR,

RE: Korg Mini-Korg 700S

Colin Fraser

I got a 770 a few years ago to "replace" my 700S, but it was never able to.
Something about the shape of the envelopes on the 770 means it's never quite how I want it.

Cheers,
Colin f

Aw: RE: [AH] Korg Mini-Korg 700S

Frank Hettlich
Hi Colin,

interesting. How do the envelopes on the 800DV work? More like the 700s or 770? And how about the 700 original version?

All the best

Frank

Gesendet: Freitag, 12. Mai 2017 um 10:32 Uhr
Von: "Colin Fraser" <[hidden email]>
An: "'analogue heaven'" <[hidden email]>
> 770s were synths I had never ever had my hands on, and last auction I tested
> two and  I was very impressed.  They are wonderful synths.  Totally brilliant
> design, honestly, for me, somewhere between the 800DV and 700S.

I got a 770 a few years ago to "replace" my 700S, but it was never able to.
Something about the shape of the envelopes on the 770 means it's never quite how I want it.

Cheers,
Colin f

RE: RE: [AH] Korg Mini-Korg 700S

Colin Fraser

The 700 version has controls labelled ATTACK/SLOW and PERCUSSION/SINGING, plus a switch for 'sustain'.
These control a rather odd ASR type envelope.
The 770 has ATTACK and PERCUSSION, plus a three-way switch for sustain time and a three-way switch for range.
I've never worked out a combination of the sliders and switches on the 770 that gives the same range of release times as I get from the 700.
The 800DV looks to be more like the 700 than the 770.
Money being no object, the 800DV is the one to get.

Cheers,
Colin f

12