Moog Announces the "Subsequent 37 CV"

Niall Munnelly

Happily, it offers more than just a lick of paint and a rainbow of new LEDs.

The Sub-37 synths look nice, but I wish they (and the DSI Pro-2) had a pre-filter mix output, For all the talk about integration with modular setups, that's a big omission. It's not like I'm even asking for individual oscillator outs...

Yours,
Niall.

Re: Moog Announces the "Subsequent 37 CV"

A. Horton
Moog loves nothing more than to add "optional" features that should
have been there in the first place and charge more for them. I agree
100% with the pre-filter output - and especially reading that they've
made the multidrive even more distorted, angry, and wikked evil to
appease the Juggalo contingent of the synth community.

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Niall Munnelly
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://mailchi.mp/moogmusic/introducing-the-subsequent-37-cv?e=597aad93a7
>
> Happily, it offers more than just a lick of paint and a rainbow of new LEDs.
>
> The Sub-37 synths look nice, but I wish they (and the DSI Pro-2) had a
> pre-filter mix output, For all the talk about integration with modular
> setups, that's a big omission. It's not like I'm even asking for individual
> oscillator outs...

> Yours,
> Niall.

Re: Moog Announces the "Subsequent 37 CV"

Scott Fox
I see no reason to think that all the cv control and adjusted mixer/filter levels 'should have' been included in the original. I found the sub 37 to be a well thought out instrument with great sound and workflow.

Scott

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://mailchi.mp/moogmusic/introducing-the-subsequent-37-cv?e=597aad93a7
>
> Happily, it offers more than just a lick of paint and a rainbow of new LEDs.
>
> The Sub-37 synths look nice, but I wish they (and the DSI Pro-2) had a
> pre-filter mix output, For all the talk about integration with modular
> setups, that's a big omission. It's not like I'm even asking for individual
> oscillator outs...

> Yours,
> Niall.

Re: Moog Announces the "Subsequent 37 CV"

Mike Perkowitz
Administrator

agreed. the sub 37 is a great instrument as it is. considering how often Moog releases a new version that is just colored LEDs and fancy wood, this looks like a nice update.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://mailchi.mp/moogmusic/introducing-the-subsequent-37-cv?e=597aad93a7
>
> Happily, it offers more than just a lick of paint and a rainbow of new LEDs.
>
> The Sub-37 synths look nice, but I wish they (and the DSI Pro-2) had a
> pre-filter mix output, For all the talk about integration with modular
> setups, that's a big omission. It's not like I'm even asking for individual
> oscillator outs...
>

> --
> Yours,
> Niall.

Re: Moog Announces the "Subsequent 37 CV"

Mike SynMike
Cool update. I’ve been considering a purchase of a Sub37 and would love to have the added features.

I just wish it wasn’t so ugly.

The original is beautiful IMO.
Of course, beauty is the eye of the beholder.

Mike.

On May 17, 2017, at 7:24 AM, Niall Munnelly <[hidden email]> wrote:

Happily, it offers more than just a lick of paint and a rainbow of new LEDs.

The Sub-37 synths look nice, but I wish they (and the DSI Pro-2) had a pre-filter mix output, For all the talk about integration with modular setups, that's a big omission. It's not like I'm even asking for individual oscillator outs...

--
Yours,
Niall.

Re: Moog Announces the "Subsequent 37 CV"

Brian Willoughby
Made me look.

At first, I wasn't terribly interested in taking the time to follow a link to yet another Moog product (yawn). But, as soon as you said it's "ugly" - I just had to look!

Brian

On May 17, 2017, at 10:55 AM, Mike SynMike <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cool update. I’ve been considering a purchase of a Sub37 and would love to have the added features.
>
> I just wish it wasn’t so ugly.
>
> The original is beautiful IMO.
> Of course, beauty is the eye of the beholder.
>
> Mike.
>
>> On May 17, 2017, at 7:24 AM, Niall Munnelly <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> http://mailchi.mp/moogmusic/introducing-the-subsequent-37-cv?e=597aad93a7
>>
>> Happily, it offers more than just a lick of paint and a rainbow of new LEDs.
>>
>> The Sub-37 synths look nice, but I wish they (and the DSI Pro-2) had a pre-filter mix output, For all the talk about integration with modular setups, that's a big omission. It's not like I'm even asking for individual oscillator outs...

Re: Moog Announces the "Subsequent 37 CV"

Jason Proctor
i wonder if you can send oscillators out of the CV outs? that would fix one of the issues which caused me to sell my 37 (i was seeing whether it would replace my Minimoog), which is the lack of audio rate filter modulation. unlike the Voyager platform, the mod buses on the Phatty platform don't include the VCOs as sources, as IIRC, the Phatty mod system is digital.

fwiw, another thing i didn't like about the 37 was the filter "air" - to me it never seemed like the filter was all the way open.