OOF

12

OOF

Collin Crowe

Re: OOF

Quincas Moreira
So fake, lol. If it's real somebody should pick it up to return to the owner. I'm sure he'll have learned his lesson ;)

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Collin Crowe <[hidden email]> wrote:

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: OOF

Jason Proctor
yes but i'm not sure i want to be a party to that!

i suppose i could take it then find him and give it back to him... after a module or two goes missing.. (cheating tax)

Re: OOF

Rob-106
Wow that’s really fucked up.

-Rob-

On Aug 3, 2017, at 9:26 AM, Collin Crowe <[hidden email]> wrote:

FREE EURORACK STUFF (mission district)

my boyfriend cheated on me and is out of town for the week, so i'm giving away all of his stupid eurorack shit that he spends way too much time with anyway.

there's like 50 pounds of blinking lights and cables, it's all for you to take. don't ask me questions about it, i have no clue how any of that stuff works

some of the names on it: make noise doepfer WMD pittsburgh modular mutable instruments ornament+crime (wtf does that even mean?) monome 4ms

and a bunch more i'm too lazy to type out

and a bunch more i'm too lazy to type out

and a bunch more i'm too lazy to type out

and a bunch more i'm too lazy to type out

Re: OOF

FlavioB

I'd go there and check!
I remember an identical story I Great Britain some years ago: she put his Lotus Exige on eBay for ridiculous low mine money and sold it indeed!
F.

Ian <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 3. Aug. 2017, 19:01:
[...]

It’s possible that he told her what it means, but yeah it’s quite an ask if you are totally clueless.

The point would be to fuck with people’s heads. I’ve seen this happen in other foros.

-Rob-

On Aug 3, 2017, at 10:00 AM, Ian <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

A. Horton
Look at the neighborhood bros. Classic honey pot; you're gonna get robbed.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Boniforti Flavio <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd go there and check!
> I remember an identical story I Great Britain some years ago: she put his
> Lotus Exige on eBay for ridiculous low mine money and sold it indeed!
> F.
>

> Ian <[hidden email]> schrieb am Do., 3. Aug. 2017, 19:01:
>>
>> what's the point of the ad if it's fake?   there's no money being
>> requested
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Collin Crowe <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Listing 4ms as a name sorta gives away that it's a fake listing due to
>>> the abstract logo. Almost looks like "AMS" or a little squiggly thing

> https://soundcloud.com/bonnyfused

Re: OOF

Tim Parkhurst
The SF Mission District has some rather sketchy areas. I don't know what this exact address is like, but If I was going in response to a CL ad like this, I'd definitely bring along some backup. If this is legit A) that's messed up and is sure to invite some bad karma and B) knowing human nature, this stuff has probably been claimed by now.

Tim (Karma Chameleon) Servo

Sent from my Commodore 64

Re: OOF

Tim Parkhurst
Oh, and C) once the boyfriend gets back and discovers his gear missing, he has very good reason (and a whole lot of corroborating evidence) to press some pretty serious criminal charges, including grand theft. Anyone receiving this gear is also likely to be prosecuted for receding stolen property. Yes, he shouldn't have cheated, but that excuse won't go far with the judge. Ms. Synth Revenge is still committing a crime, and is leaving a fairly obvious trail of bread crumbs along the way.

Tim (Mmmm, bread crumbs) Servo

Sent from my Commodore 64

and a bunch more i'm too lazy to type out

Re: OOF

jeffcross
In my friend’s case, he was ignoring his wife and spending too much time with the gear, so while the jealousy was real, she could have handled it differently. I think she was a bit bonkers. The marriage didn’t last. Good news is, my friend remarried and is super happy now. Its just a shame he lost so much precious gear. She thew out (I dare not list the items here) rare analog gear out the window of a second story apartment on San Francisco’s Market Street.

On Aug 3, 2017, at 10:28 AM, Rob Roberts <[hidden email]> wrote:

Oh yeah for sure it would. Getting involved in this in any way would be really stupid.

I had a GF threaten to do something very similar once—and I didn’t cheat—she did! lolz

-Rob-

On Aug 3, 2017, at 10:26 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

[...]

Agreed, the Mission District does have nice areas too. Still, for ethical and/or legal reasons alone, this CL ad has "DO NOT RESPOND" written all over it.

Tim (Danger, Will Robinson) Servo
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Collin Crowe <[hidden email]> wrote:
There's really nice bougie parts of the mission too

On Aug 3, 2017 1:09 PM, "Tim Parkhurst" <[hidden email]> wrote:
The SF Mission District has some rather sketchy areas. I don't know what this exact address is like, but If I was going in response to a CL ad like this, I'd definitely bring along some backup. If this is legit A) that's messed up and is sure to invite some bad karma and B) knowing human nature, this stuff has probably been claimed by now.

Tim (Karma Chameleon) Servo

Sent from my Commodore 64

Re: OOF

Mike HEQX

So wrong on so many levels, but anyone who lives there should inquire,
get it and return it to the owner, then make sure he joins this list so
he can talk out his pain. LOL

Re: OOF

Rob-106
I thought about that, but the risks are pretty high.

-Rob-

> So wrong on so many levels, but anyone who lives there should inquire, get it and return it to the owner, then make sure he joins this list so he can talk out his pain. LOL

Re: OOF

Jason Proctor
has anyone enquired about the availability of the stash?

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Rob <[hidden email]> wrote:
I thought about that, but the risks are pretty high.

-Rob-

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 10:45 AM, Mike HEQX <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> So wrong on so many levels, but anyone who lives there should inquire, get it and return it to the owner, then make sure he joins this list so he can talk out his pain. LOL

Re: OOF

jeffcross
I love this so much. Still, I do not want to get within 10 feet of this situation.