Quantcast

OT: Custom Sounds for a 360 Systems MIDI Bass?

OT: Custom Sounds for a 360 Systems MIDI Bass?

umi4m
Picked up this 360 Systems MIDI Bass Rack pro, the
sounds are a little dated, very Seinfeld, slap bass
that kind of stuff don't have much use for it. How
hard would it be to replace the stock sounds?  I do
have a EPROM burner and eraser, just not sure what
format to convert to?

Anyone  ever doing something like this?

Finding fabulous fares is fun.

Re: OT: Custom Sounds for a 360 Systems MIDI Bass?

David Messenger-2
That's still my main Bass guitar sample, I have two of the original units
with 4 sounds (CEM Filter chip, though not resonant)in each, and I run
both their audio outs into a Boss CE-2 Chorus which allows me to get two
pickup sounds into one audio feed to the mainboard. That slap bass sample
is indeed the sample used on Seinfeld, but the origin for it was the
Alesis HR-16B. Alesis took the sample right from the midibass when
they designed the HR-16B soundset-IIRC..

> Picked up this 360 Systems MIDI Bass Rack pro, the
> sounds are a little dated, very Seinfeld, slap bass
> that kind of stuff don't have much use for it. How
> hard would it be to replace the stock sounds?  I do
> have a EPROM burner and eraser, just not sure what
> format to convert to?
>
> Anyone  ever doing something like this?

Tom Arnold should have the 411 on how to do this, he's a great resource
for all things re: burning EPROMS...

D.

Re: OT: Custom Sounds for a 360 Systems MIDI Bass?

db-22
At 1/20/2007 03:46 p, GG wrote:
>Picked up this 360 Systems MIDI Bass Rack pro, the
>sounds are a little dated, very Seinfeld, slap bass
>that kind of stuff don't have much use for it. How
>hard would it be to replace the stock sounds?  I do
>have a EPROM burner and eraser, just not sure what
>format to convert to?

my recall is that they used specially encoded sounds to make it rather hard
for anyone to make chips for these.

   |_e_/~  Dennis Barton <[hidden email]>
     )     skylab2000
   ~\/\    Brainforest Productions, Los Angeles
      /    http://skylab2000.com