Pin Park - "Krautpark'. An all-EMS record is out today.

eon

Pin Park - "Krautpark'. An all-EMS record is out today.

eon
Ladies and gents,

Many thanks for your thumbs up the other day when I posted a link to our
single. As requested, I am getting back with some info and a link to the
record that is out today and can be streamed online in full.

All of the tracks are live improvisations recorded over 2016. They were
multitrack recorded and later mixed and mastered. We used 2 X EMS Synthi
AKS, EMS VCS3 with TKS sequencer or DK2 keyboard, EMS Vocoder 1000 and
EMS RVG (random voltage generator).

You can find the whole of 'Krautpark' here:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGMM2pRPd0&t=0s

For those who wanted to support us, the digital version of the album can
be had for the cost of a decent coffee (3 EUR) here:
pinpark.bandcamp.com

If you have any questions regarding my experiences with EMS that might
be beneficial to the group, I will gladly reply to them in public.
Hopefully we managed to show that the Synthis, unlike claimed by some,
are very expressive instruments that can be used in strictly chromatic,
non-experimental,  music.

Thanks again,
Maciek

Re: Pin Park - "Krautpark'. An all-EMS record is out today.

skkatter
How's you sync them all up?

-Stephen

eon

Re: Pin Park - "Krautpark'. An all-EMS record is out today.

eon

> How's you sync them all up?

You can't, unless you mod them.

So far, I have found two ways to keep them in (apparent) sync:

- You come up with a polyrhythmic structure that you like and move
around it's limits (the first track, THE CAT, is a good example).

- You physically press the "PLAY" button on each KS. It sounds silly but
it's a regular trick in my KS programming diary. When I do AKS solo
works, I very often manually restart the sequence while playing the
other CV channel (=play the KS live while seq is running).

What I love about Synthis the most is that to play it creatively you
have to keep finding your way around the problems and limitation. All
the time.

Cheers
Maciek

Re: Pin Park - "Krautpark'. An all-EMS record is out today.

A. Horton
This is very good and interesting stuff. I've long found it
frustrating that EMS gear has instantly meant shrieking, unpleasant,
antisocial music that sounds like Jonbenet Ramsey being strangled by a
Dalek. This is beautiful and euphonic. Congratulations!

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:04 PM, eon <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> How's you sync them all up?
>

> You can't, unless you mod them.
>
> So far, I have found two ways to keep them in (apparent) sync:
>
> - You come up with a polyrhythmic structure that you like and move around
> it's limits (the first track, THE CAT, is a good example).
>
> - You physically press the "PLAY" button on each KS. It sounds silly but
> it's a regular trick in my KS programming diary. When I do AKS solo works, I
> very often manually restart the sequence while playing the other CV channel
> (=play the KS live while seq is running).
>

> What I love about Synthis the most is that to play it creatively you have to
> keep finding your way around the problems and limitation. All the time.
>

> Cheers
> Maciek

Re: Pin Park - "Krautpark'. An all-EMS record is out today.

Antonio Tuzzi-2
Bravo !

> On 17 mag 2017, at 16:39, eon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ladies and gents,
>

> Many thanks for your thumbs up the other day when I posted a link to our single. As requested, I am getting back with some info and a link to the record that is out today and can be streamed online in full.
>
> All of the tracks are live improvisations recorded over 2016. They were multitrack recorded and later mixed and mastered. We used 2 X EMS Synthi AKS, EMS VCS3 with TKS sequencer or DK2 keyboard, EMS Vocoder 1000 and EMS RVG (random voltage generator).
>
> You can find the whole of 'Krautpark' here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGMM2pRPd0&t=0s
>
> For those who wanted to support us, the digital version of the album can be had for the cost of a decent coffee (3 EUR) here: pinpark.bandcamp.com
>
> If you have any questions regarding my experiences with EMS that might be beneficial to the group, I will gladly reply to them in public. Hopefully we managed to show that the Synthis, unlike claimed by some, are very expressive instruments that can be used in strictly chromatic, non-experimental,  music.
>

> Thanks again,
> Maciek

Re: Pin Park - "Krautpark'. An all-EMS record is out today.

Jason Proctor
shut up and take my money!

this album is beautiful

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Antonio Tuzzi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bravo !

> On 17 mag 2017, at 16:39, eon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ladies and gents,
>

> Many thanks for your thumbs up the other day when I posted a link to our single. As requested, I am getting back with some info and a link to the record that is out today and can be streamed online in full.
>
> All of the tracks are live improvisations recorded over 2016. They were multitrack recorded and later mixed and mastered. We used 2 X EMS Synthi AKS, EMS VCS3 with TKS sequencer or DK2 keyboard, EMS Vocoder 1000 and EMS RVG (random voltage generator).
>
> You can find the whole of 'Krautpark' here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgGMM2pRPd0&t=0s
>
> For those who wanted to support us, the digital version of the album can be had for the cost of a decent coffee (3 EUR) here: pinpark.bandcamp.com
>
> If you have any questions regarding my experiences with EMS that might be beneficial to the group, I will gladly reply to them in public. Hopefully we managed to show that the Synthis, unlike claimed by some, are very expressive instruments that can be used in strictly chromatic, non-experimental,  music.
>

> Thanks again,
> Maciek

RE: Pin Park - "Krautpark'. An all-EMS record is out today.

Peter Forrest
If the first two tracks don't hit the spot for you, try track 3 - and
subsequent tracks.
Great stuff.
Peter

Maciek

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: Pin Park - "Krautpark'. An all-EMS record is out today.

Steven Clements
FAAAAK
I'm hooked within 3 seconds!
<3