Quantcast

Pratt-reed keyboard components

Benjamin Woenig

Greetings list,

Does anyone have a source for the rubber grommets that attach the Pratt-Reed keyboard assembly to the circuit board holding the rubber key switches? I am restoring a Minimoog and the rubber grommets have long since perished.

Any tips most appreciated.

Benjamin

Re: Pratt-reed keyboard components

Eric Frampton
Rich Marshall at Archive Sound has them.  He is (or at least was) on this list. I've ordered tons of them from him, and they're worked great every time.

On Sep 28, 2013, at 11:10 PM, Benjamin Woenig <[hidden email]> wrote:

Greetings list,

Does anyone have a source for the rubber grommets that attach the Pratt-Reed keyboard assembly to the circuit board holding the rubber key switches? I am restoring a Minimoog and the rubber grommets have long since perished.

Any tips most appreciated.

Benjamin

RE: Pratt-reed keyboard components

Lorne Hammond

Benjamin, I think cae has them:

916 044566 KIT

KEY CONTACT PCB MOUNT KIT (16 PIECES)

21.00

916 043237 442

KEYBOARD GROMMETS KIT, 44EA

66.00

97 018

KEY CONTACT SPRING - MINI & POLYMOOG

3.00

97 018.42

MINI-MOOG KEY CONTACT KIT, 42 PIECES

75.00

910 042127

POLYMOOG SUSTAIN PEDAL PLUG, SMALL DIA.

15.00

910 045371

ROGUE AC INPUT JACK, PANEL MOUNT 1/8"

5.00

2201601

Bus Bar 24-Inch x .045 Gold

57.00

http://www.caesound.com/images/spacer.gif

http://www.caesound.com/cae_parts.html#3_moog

Lorne

Does anyone have a source for the rubber grommets that attach the Pratt-Reed keyboard assembly to the circuit board holding the rubber key switches? I am restoring a Minimoog and the rubber grommets have long since perished.

Any tips most appreciated.

Benjamin

RE: Pratt-reed keyboard components

Larry Dee Church

Cool that the pic at the top of that web page link shows the rubber STAND-OFFS and the coil spring contacts.  I

question their descriptions though.  Part number 916 044566 KIT is probably what Benjamin is asking about, but, unless I’m misunderstanding, these are not grommets, they are stand offs - by my definition anyway.  Part number 916 043237 442 is most likely what is usually referred to as key bushings, but you may have heard me call them “bumpers” in the past since that is basically what they do.  I’ve been getting those from Sound Doctorin’.  Sound Doctorin’ also has some cute little conductive stick on dots for restoring MemoryMoog, (etc.) key contacts.  If the stand offs are rotten so might be the bushings.  I’ve not heard of these being called grommets.  WOW - $57 for a new buss bar.  Ask me about servicing these before spending $57!

RE: Pratt-reed keyboard components

Larry Dee Church

Hey Eric:  Prices at Arcsound seem high.  Lorne suggested http://www.caesound.com/cae_parts.html#3_moog

where those standoffs are a fraction of the price.  AND $7.50 for J-wires?  Glad a bought a whole bunch of them 30 years ago when they were about $.05!  Really makes me wonder how much I should be charging when putting these in customer’s keyboards.  I’m sure I’ll be kicking myself when I run out.  Maybe I won’t live that long.

RE: Pratt-reed keyboard components

Benjamin Woenig

Hi all,

Thanks for the links - I didn't mean to confuse the naming of what I'm after - indeed I require the 16x rubber standoffs that attach the circuit board to the keyboard metal frame - not the key bushings. I replaced the bushings over 10 years ago (the keyboard assembly has been packed away safely all this time and the bushings still seem fine).

Incidentally, this Moog needs a fair bit of work - a new case, the old case was cut up and botched to fit into a suitcase apparently, and the the oscillators don't work. I suspect it is something simple though, probably a common power rail as not one of the oscillators is running.

Cheers,

Benjamin

where those standoffs are a fraction of the price.  AND $7.50 for J-wires?  Glad a bought a whole bunch of them 30 years ago when they were about $.05!  Really makes me wonder how much I should be charging when putting these in customer’s keyboards.  I’m sure I’ll be kicking myself when I run out.  Maybe I won’t live that long.

Re: Pratt-reed keyboard components

Eric Frampton
You didn't confuse things - I just didn't read the post as carefully as I should've. Sorry!

And on top of all that, I don't have a source for these. :-(