Reticon R5101

Tobias  Schilly
Hi fellow Freaks,

IŽm desperatly looking for a Reticon R5101!!! I know that this very special chip is available at vintageplanet.nl, but for something like 80€, which is a bit too much ;)
So, maybe someone has a spare and is willing to sell it for a reasonable price?
Or maybe someone can give me a hint where to find a datasheet for it. I searched quite a while, but all i could find was a Reticon product sheet, where all chips are listed, but without any further information than that it is a 2000-stage BBD. Not enough to clone it for sure. My plan is, if i couldnŽt find the original for a good price, to take some of the more common BBDs (like the SAD1024, or the Panasonic MN Line) and brew a functional clone...
Btw, I need the Reticon to repair a MXR Flanger/Doubler. The Flanger (SAD1024) works, but the Doubler is dead...

Best wishes,

Tobias
Ihre Messenger, Communities und E-Mails jetzt in einem Programm!
WEB.DE MultiMessenger http://www.produkte.web.de/messenger/?did=3071

Re: Reticon R5101

JOSHUA HOLLEY
I hate to be discouraging but i'd get the one from vintageplanet if i were you, that iC is extremely rare and i'm guessing they are the only place that has any in the world...it was used in a couple of MXR items and the Boss DM-1. And i dont think you can duplicate it...it's also not considered a BBD IC. My guess is it would be easier to find another MXR.