Roland MC-8 connecting cable; HIROSE/SUMICON 1600 60 pin advise

Roland MC-8 connecting cable; HIROSE/SUMICON 1600 60 pin advise

20thcenturyjohnsmith
hi
i've got a roland MC-8 but don't have the necessary connecting cable.
in the list archives i saw a thread about the MC-8 and someone said
the cable is made by HIROSE and is the SUMICON 1600 series 60 pin.
looking on their site, i'm confused as to know which one I need.
their seems to be many variations
can someone help me? i've tried emailing them but their 'contact us' is
broken. i tried emailing distributors but they wont help or respond.
which specific one do I need?
http://www.hirose-connectors.com/connectors/H204ProductList.aspx?c1=1600&c3=3
http://electro-music.com/forum/phpbb-files/cable_mc_8_537.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1222/533422035_82ed368212_o.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1142/533324908_4addebc8a4_o.jpg

Re: Roland MC-8 connecting cable; HIROSE/SUMICON 1600 60 pin advise

Werner Schönenberger
Hi Marcus,

I never bought a connector for the MC-8 but I am rather sure that it
is a SUMICON 1600.

I think you have to order the following items (2 each for a cable)
P-1660A-CA(50) -> Plug cover
P-1660A-STA(51) -> stopper bracket
P-1660BA-STA(50) -> connector

But I am not completely sure - so it is a good idea to try to contact
a Hirose distributor again

Good luck
Werner