System 100/102 graphics

12

System 100/102 graphics

Skanker
I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.

I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.

I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

RE: System 100/102 graphics

Sam Mims
We contemplated the same issues when designing the Juno-107 we did for Synth
Wizards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnhaUG2E1cc

In the end, we decided it made the most sense to go with a vinyl 'wrap' like
they make for vehicles.  This enabled us to get crazy with new graphics, but
you could just as easily do a replica of the original graphics.  It is a
fair amount of work, but probably less than going any other route.  And all
of the work is computer-based, rather than actually working on the synth
itself (where a mistake will be much harder to correct).

Sam Mims
Syntaur

Sent from my iPhone

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Skanker
Thanks for chiming in Sam, that sure is an option i'll look into. I was hoping to have seen you apply it in the video tho
Is it durable in terms or scratch resistance?

On 8 May 2017 at 15:26, Sam Mims <[hidden email]> wrote:
We contemplated the same issues when designing the Juno-107 we did for Synth
Wizards:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnhaUG2E1cc

In the end, we decided it made the most sense to go with a vinyl 'wrap' like
they make for vehicles.  This enabled us to get crazy with new graphics, but
you could just as easily do a replica of the original graphics.  It is a
fair amount of work, but probably less than going any other route.  And all
of the work is computer-based, rather than actually working on the synth
itself (where a mistake will be much harder to correct).

Sam Mims
Syntaur

RE: System 100/102 graphics

Sam Mims

We did not apply it ourselves – that was part of what the vinyl shop did.  They are experienced at it, and I’m glad I didn’t have to be responsible for the alignment.  They give a 5-year guarantee, so it is a pretty durable finish (and that’s assuming you are driving it around and leaving it out in the elements).

Another plus is that once all of the work in designing it is done, it’s much cheaper to print out additional ones, should you ever need it.

Sam Mims

Syntaur

Re: System 100/102 graphics

John Emond-2
Congrats on a great score.

For the sake of durability, I recommend silkscreening using baked-on enamel ink. Beware of the type of ink if printing on powder coat which can be waxy. Again, I recommend enamel paint instead. Try to find a clear drawings of the control panels (possibly from the user or service manuals) and use those as a templates to redraw them, one to one scale, in a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) program. Take measurements of reference points on the actual units to ensure everything lines up properly. The prints of the SVG artwork can then be used to burn the silkscreen stencils. You can likely find a local shop to burn the stencils and do the actual screening and baking. This may be a bit of work; but you will have much better and longer lasting results. These instruments deserve a proper job.

Cheers,

John

www.mondesynthesizer.com

On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
>
> I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
>
> I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Skanker
Hi John

Thats exactly the type of thing i would really like to be doing but it's not something i could do myself, at least i don't think so.
Gonna do a scan online and see whats out there in the UK for this type of process. Thanks for the advice regarding the powder coating too, i had no idea. I have a very limited budget of £500 to get this in shape so i cant afford any mistakes.

The one thing i think i will struggle with is finding detailed drawings, i've downloaded the patch book and the manuals but they're not to good once scaled up.

On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
>
> I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
>
> I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Skanker
Thanks John

I've already found a few places and fired some emails off so see what they say. Will keep the list posted

On 8 May 2017 at 17:57, John Emond <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Neil,

You could get a copy of Inkscape and use the attached scans as your templates. You will need to scale them accurately first. Put each scan in one layer. Next, create a layer for the green/grey blocks and another layer for the white text and lines. Once you are done drawing, print the two drawing layers separately to create two stencils each for the 101 and the 102. It can be done. If you are really uncomfortable with the drawing part, look for a local illustrator or artist to help. Any reputable silkscreen shop will be able to do the rest of the process. This all should be possible within your budget. Let me know how this works out for you.

Cheers,

John

On 2017-05-08, at 12:16 PM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Thats exactly the type of thing i would really like to be doing but it's not something i could do myself, at least i don't think so.
> Gonna do a scan online and see whats out there in the UK for this type of process. Thanks for the advice regarding the powder coating too, i had no idea. I have a very limited budget of £500 to get this in shape so i cant afford any mistakes.
>
> The one thing i think i will struggle with is finding detailed drawings, i've downloaded the patch book and the manuals but they're not to good once scaled up.
>

> On 8 May 2017 at 16:41, John Emond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats on a great score.
>
> For the sake of durability, I recommend silkscreening using baked-on enamel ink. Beware of the type of ink if printing on powder coat which can be waxy. Again, I recommend enamel paint instead. Try to find a clear drawings of the control panels (possibly from the user or service manuals) and use those as a templates to redraw them, one to one scale, in a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) program. Take measurements of reference points on the actual units to ensure everything lines up properly. The prints of the SVG artwork can then be used to burn the silkscreen stencils. You can likely find a local shop to burn the stencils and do the actual screening and baking. This may be a bit of work; but you will have much better and longer lasting results. These instruments deserve a proper job.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>
> www.mondesynthesizer.com
>
> On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:
>
> > I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
> >
> > I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
> >
> > I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> > Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

RE: System 100/102 graphics

Peter Forrest

Customsynth in Devon, UK has a lot of experience doing this.

Some very nice examples here –

http://www.iheartsynths.com/artist-interviews/custom-synth/

But I believe Jeff is now only really interested in doing custom work, not re-creating the original design and colour.

www.CustomSynth.uk

Peter

On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
>
> I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
>
> I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone

eq

Re: System 100/102 graphics

eq
congrats on the System 100, it's ace

fwiw here is my redrawing of the 101 and 102 from the patch sheets.

http://ua726.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/system100patchsheet20151014.pdf

Here's the original Illustrator file if it helps

http://ua726.co.uk/random/patchsheet-outlines.ai

I tried to get it close to the original sizing - I had bad ideas about trying to recreate the panel for a DIY thing myself, but never got round to it. I tried to measure various bits of the graphic and stuff like the slide pot cutouts, but can't guarantee that it's dead accurate.

I'm sure you could get the curved section outlines better, I did what I could with my limited skills.

cheeeeeers

On 2017-05-08, at 12:16 PM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Thats exactly the type of thing i would really like to be doing but it's not something i could do myself, at least i don't think so.
> Gonna do a scan online and see whats out there in the UK for this type of process. Thanks for the advice regarding the powder coating too, i had no idea. I have a very limited budget of £500 to get this in shape so i cant afford any mistakes.
>
> The one thing i think i will struggle with is finding detailed drawings, i've downloaded the patch book and the manuals but they're not to good once scaled up.
>

> On 8 May 2017 at 16:41, John Emond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats on a great score.
>
> For the sake of durability, I recommend silkscreening using baked-on enamel ink. Beware of the type of ink if printing on powder coat which can be waxy. Again, I recommend enamel paint instead. Try to find a clear drawings of the control panels (possibly from the user or service manuals) and use those as a templates to redraw them, one to one scale, in a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) program. Take measurements of reference points on the actual units to ensure everything lines up properly. The prints of the SVG artwork can then be used to burn the silkscreen stencils. You can likely find a local shop to burn the stencils and do the actual screening and baking. This may be a bit of work; but you will have much better and longer lasting results. These instruments deserve a proper job.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>
> www.mondesynthesizer.com
>
> On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:
>
> > I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
> >
> > I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
> >
> > I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> > Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Brandon Rogers
Just a momentary hi-jack. If anyone has information on how to re-print Kiwisix overlays, please let me know. I can't get one anywhere and I know of at least 3 people looking for one.

Thanks,
Brandon Rogers

On 2017-05-08, at 12:16 PM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Thats exactly the type of thing i would really like to be doing but it's not something i could do myself, at least i don't think so.
> Gonna do a scan online and see whats out there in the UK for this type of process. Thanks for the advice regarding the powder coating too, i had no idea. I have a very limited budget of £500 to get this in shape so i cant afford any mistakes.
>
> The one thing i think i will struggle with is finding detailed drawings, i've downloaded the patch book and the manuals but they're not to good once scaled up.
>

> On 8 May 2017 at 16:41, John Emond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats on a great score.
>
> For the sake of durability, I recommend silkscreening using baked-on enamel ink. Beware of the type of ink if printing on powder coat which can be waxy. Again, I recommend enamel paint instead. Try to find a clear drawings of the control panels (possibly from the user or service manuals) and use those as a templates to redraw them, one to one scale, in a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) program. Take measurements of reference points on the actual units to ensure everything lines up properly. The prints of the SVG artwork can then be used to burn the silkscreen stencils. You can likely find a local shop to burn the stencils and do the actual screening and baking. This may be a bit of work; but you will have much better and longer lasting results. These instruments deserve a proper job.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>
> www.mondesynthesizer.com
>
> On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:
>
> > I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
> >
> > I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
> >
> > I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> > Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Skanker
Mate, thank you so much!!! that's a real help to get me under way

I've already heard back from one place in the UK and they are not cheap so the more i can do myself the better

On 2017-05-08, at 12:16 PM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Thats exactly the type of thing i would really like to be doing but it's not something i could do myself, at least i don't think so.
> Gonna do a scan online and see whats out there in the UK for this type of process. Thanks for the advice regarding the powder coating too, i had no idea. I have a very limited budget of £500 to get this in shape so i cant afford any mistakes.
>
> The one thing i think i will struggle with is finding detailed drawings, i've downloaded the patch book and the manuals but they're not to good once scaled up.
>

> On 8 May 2017 at 16:41, John Emond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats on a great score.
>
> For the sake of durability, I recommend silkscreening using baked-on enamel ink. Beware of the type of ink if printing on powder coat which can be waxy. Again, I recommend enamel paint instead. Try to find a clear drawings of the control panels (possibly from the user or service manuals) and use those as a templates to redraw them, one to one scale, in a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) program. Take measurements of reference points on the actual units to ensure everything lines up properly. The prints of the SVG artwork can then be used to burn the silkscreen stencils. You can likely find a local shop to burn the stencils and do the actual screening and baking. This may be a bit of work; but you will have much better and longer lasting results. These instruments deserve a proper job.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>
> www.mondesynthesizer.com
>
> On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:
>
> > I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
> >
> > I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
> >
> > I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> > Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

Re: System 100/102 graphics

John Emond-2
Wow, nice work. This should help Neil a lot.

Cheers,

John

Monde Synthesizer gives you More

On 2017-05-08, at 12:16 PM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Thats exactly the type of thing i would really like to be doing but it's not something i could do myself, at least i don't think so.
> Gonna do a scan online and see whats out there in the UK for this type of process. Thanks for the advice regarding the powder coating too, i had no idea. I have a very limited budget of £500 to get this in shape so i cant afford any mistakes.
>
> The one thing i think i will struggle with is finding detailed drawings, i've downloaded the patch book and the manuals but they're not to good once scaled up.
>

> On 8 May 2017 at 16:41, John Emond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats on a great score.
>
> For the sake of durability, I recommend silkscreening using baked-on enamel ink. Beware of the type of ink if printing on powder coat which can be waxy. Again, I recommend enamel paint instead. Try to find a clear drawings of the control panels (possibly from the user or service manuals) and use those as a templates to redraw them, one to one scale, in a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) program. Take measurements of reference points on the actual units to ensure everything lines up properly. The prints of the SVG artwork can then be used to burn the silkscreen stencils. You can likely find a local shop to burn the stencils and do the actual screening and baking. This may be a bit of work; but you will have much better and longer lasting results. These instruments deserve a proper job.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>
> www.mondesynthesizer.com
>
> On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:
>
> > I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
> >
> > I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
> >
> > I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> > Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Skanker
Without a doubt! this has me up and running a lot sooner than i expected.

Thanks again for sharing

On 2017-05-08, at 12:16 PM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> Hi John
>
> Thats exactly the type of thing i would really like to be doing but it's not something i could do myself, at least i don't think so.
> Gonna do a scan online and see whats out there in the UK for this type of process. Thanks for the advice regarding the powder coating too, i had no idea. I have a very limited budget of £500 to get this in shape so i cant afford any mistakes.
>
> The one thing i think i will struggle with is finding detailed drawings, i've downloaded the patch book and the manuals but they're not to good once scaled up.
>

> On 8 May 2017 at 16:41, John Emond <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Congrats on a great score.
>
> For the sake of durability, I recommend silkscreening using baked-on enamel ink. Beware of the type of ink if printing on powder coat which can be waxy. Again, I recommend enamel paint instead. Try to find a clear drawings of the control panels (possibly from the user or service manuals) and use those as a templates to redraw them, one to one scale, in a Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG) program. Take measurements of reference points on the actual units to ensure everything lines up properly. The prints of the SVG artwork can then be used to burn the silkscreen stencils. You can likely find a local shop to burn the stencils and do the actual screening and baking. This may be a bit of work; but you will have much better and longer lasting results. These instruments deserve a proper job.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>
> www.mondesynthesizer.com
>
> On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:
>
> > I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
> >
> > I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
> >
> > I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> > Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Brian Willoughby
This is great work! At least it looks good in my version of Illustrator that is too old to allow fully converting your newer file format.

I was going to write to suggest that Illustrator is a good option among SVG programs, and it's compatible with probably any print shop you might find. It's a lot of work, though, but at least you can view the dimensions of things in real units that you can compare to your measurements.

Brian

On May 8, 2017, at 11:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> congrats on the System 100, it's ace
>
> fwiw here is my redrawing of the 101 and 102 from the patch sheets.
>
> http://ua726.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/system100patchsheet20151014.pdf
>
> Here's the original Illustrator file if it helps
>
> http://ua726.co.uk/random/patchsheet-outlines.ai
>
> I tried to get it close to the original sizing - I had bad ideas about trying to recreate the panel for a DIY thing myself, but never got round to it. I tried to measure various bits of the graphic and stuff like the slide pot cutouts, but can't guarantee that it's dead accurate.
>
> I'm sure you could get the curved section outlines better, I did what I could with my limited skills.
>
> cheeeeeers

Re: System 100/102 graphics

MarkEC ForumsLists
Can't think of a synth more deserving of this kind of attention looks
and feature wise. It's hard to imagine any possible improvements
(colour, layout or font) on the original.

Are Rolands of this era (pre-Jupiter 8) more prone to rust than
contemporary synths? I'd guess that Yamaha should be good with their
bike and outboard experience...

And at least the synth world is still free of the patina fashion so far.

On 08/05/2017 20:45, Brian Willoughby wrote:

> This is great work! At least it looks good in my version of Illustrator that is too old to allow fully converting your newer file format.
>
> I was going to write to suggest that Illustrator is a good option among SVG programs, and it's compatible with probably any print shop you might find. It's a lot of work, though, but at least you can view the dimensions of things in real units that you can compare to your measurements.
>
> Brian
>

> On May 8, 2017, at 11:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>> congrats on the System 100, it's ace
>>
>> fwiw here is my redrawing of the 101 and 102 from the patch sheets.
>>
>> http://ua726.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/system100patchsheet20151014.pdf
>>
>> Here's the original Illustrator file if it helps
>>
>> http://ua726.co.uk/random/patchsheet-outlines.ai
>>
>> I tried to get it close to the original sizing - I had bad ideas about trying to recreate the panel for a DIY thing myself, but never got round to it. I tried to measure various bits of the graphic and stuff like the slide pot cutouts, but can't guarantee that it's dead accurate.
>>
>> I'm sure you could get the curved section outlines better, I did what I could with my limited skills.
>>
>> cheeeeeers

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Skanker
Hi Pete
Yeah i did contact Jeff as my first port of call and he said exactly as you have suggested. One bit of advice he did give was that he believes an exact colour match for a reproduction graphic will not work due to modern paints ect.
This leaves me with a decision to make as i want it fully original as i love the look but i know if the colour shade is even slightly out it will feel like a disappointment and a waste of time and money. Need to get my thinking cap on i recken

On 2017-05-08, at 6:24 AM, Neil Dunn wrote:

> I've just grabbed myself a rather beat up System 100. I have both the 101 & 102 units and thankfully they are fullly functional but they do need a good bit of work to bring up to spec visually.
>
> I plan to powder coat and reapply the graphics but this is where im scratching my head at the best coarse to take.
>
> I'll probably do a wet transfer and then coat with clear lacquer but im still thinking on how i'll get a good quality copy of the front panel graphics.
> Any info on how to get the graphics copied would be most welcome?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Oakley Sound-3
One thing I would recommend, before you go ahead and start spending
money, is to remove the panel from the synth and give it a good clean
with warm soapy water. Maybe use a bit of iso-propyl alcohol on any
stubborn stains. Wash it again in clean water and dry.

I have often been very surprised that by just removing the grime and
grease of the last 30 years you can make a synth look so much better.
True, it may still be a little rusty and the paint a little blemished
but, you know, I don't think that's so bad. There's something about the
fact that it's not new that can be appealing. That synth has history -
do we really need to hide it?

Tony

www.oakleysound.com

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Florian Anwander-2
Hello Neil

Am 09.05.2017 um 13:24 schrieb Neil Dunn:
> but i know if the colour shade is even slightly out it will feel like
> a disappointment and a waste of time and money. Need to get my
> thinking cap on i recken
> rom my iPhone
I think even Roland had so many different shades of colour on this old
series. I own / owned seven devices with this colour scheme (complete
System100, two SH-3a, SH-7) and each looks/looked slightly different. We
had two SH-5 on a synth meet here side by side and they had different
colour shades. So I think there is not something like the one and only
colour shade for a System 100.

Florian

http://www.florian-anwander.de

Re: System 100/102 graphics

Skanker
Hi Florian

Thats very interesting to hear mate, thanks for chiming in. i have seen and used a few of that era synths but i've never had two side by side.

Neil

On 9 May 2017 at 13:02, Florian Anwander <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Neil

Am 09.05.2017 um 13:24 schrieb Neil Dunn:
but i know if the colour shade is even slightly out it will feel like a disappointment and a waste of time and money. Need to get my thinking cap on i recken
rom my iPhone
I think even Roland had so many different shades of colour on this old series. I own / owned seven devices with this colour scheme (complete System100, two SH-3a, SH-7) and each looks/looked slightly different. We had two SH-5 on a synth meet here side by side and they had different colour shades. So I think there is not something like the one and only colour shade for a System 100.

Florian

--
http://www.florian-anwander.de

Clean up in aisle 101 (was Re: [AH] System 100/102 graphics)

DJ Maytag
Hehe... anyone have an idea on how to restore the lettering and general look on a SH-101? I scored one last fall that someone had made various colored marks for what I assume is their "presets."

I haven't fully disassembled it yet, and haven't tried to clean up the front panel yet. I'm not 100% sure what was used to make the marks yet.

Mitch