Quantcast

The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

12

The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Alex Timchak
Anyone thinking about selling one? I'm in Chicago.

Cheers,
Alex

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Anthony Bar
I feel ya man, I bought myself the Analog RYTM for my 40th.   Now I'm jonesing after the Digitakt -- Elektron's products are just so much fun to use.

> On May 10, 2017, at 8:03 AM, Alex Timchak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone thinking about selling one? I'm in Chicago.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Scott Fox
The MD has some tricks up its sleeve that no other instruments can pull off (near as easily, anyhow). To this day, it remains an incredibly relevant and potent instrument.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 10:57 PM, "Tony Bar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I feel ya man, I bought myself the Analog RYTM for my 40th.   Now I'm jonesing after the Digitakt -- Elektron's products are just so much fun to use.

> On May 10, 2017, at 8:03 AM, Alex Timchak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone thinking about selling one? I'm in Chicago.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Justin Maxwell
one of the best things in my studio, forever. rytm doesnt come close.

On May 10 2017, at 10:00 pm, Scott Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
The MD has some tricks up its sleeve that no other instruments can pull off (near as easily, anyhow). To this day, it remains an incredibly relevant and potent instrument.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 10:57 PM, "Tony Bar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I feel ya man, I bought myself the Analog RYTM for my 40th.   Now I'm jonesing after the Digitakt -- Elektron's products are just so much fun to use.

> On May 10, 2017, at 8:03 AM, Alex Timchak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone thinking about selling one? I'm in Chicago.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Scott Fox
The rytm has very different tricks of its sleeve. Elektron was very smart to build the rytm with extremely different capabilities from the MD. It's difficult to compare them, imho.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 11:01 PM, "Justin Maxwell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
one of the best things in my studio, forever. rytm doesnt come close.

On May 10 2017, at 10:00 pm, Scott Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
The MD has some tricks up its sleeve that no other instruments can pull off (near as easily, anyhow). To this day, it remains an incredibly relevant and potent instrument.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 10:57 PM, "Tony Bar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I feel ya man, I bought myself the Analog RYTM for my 40th.   Now I'm jonesing after the Digitakt -- Elektron's products are just so much fun to use.

> On May 10, 2017, at 8:03 AM, Alex Timchak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone thinking about selling one? I'm in Chicago.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Justin Maxwell
on paper i agree. but in terms of just usage, i have far more instant fun on the md than i do on the rytm. the rytm makes you work for it and plan. the md is full of happiness 1 level deep, especially w/the sampling option.

On May 10 2017, at 10:03 pm, Scott Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
The rytm has very different tricks of its sleeve. Elektron was very smart to build the rytm with extremely different capabilities from the MD. It's difficult to compare them, imho.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 11:01 PM, "Justin Maxwell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
one of the best things in my studio, forever. rytm doesnt come close.

On May 10 2017, at 10:00 pm, Scott Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
The MD has some tricks up its sleeve that no other instruments can pull off (near as easily, anyhow). To this day, it remains an incredibly relevant and potent instrument.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 10:57 PM, "Tony Bar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I feel ya man, I bought myself the Analog RYTM for my 40th.   Now I'm jonesing after the Digitakt -- Elektron's products are just so much fun to use.

> On May 10, 2017, at 8:03 AM, Alex Timchak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone thinking about selling one? I'm in Chicago.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Computer Controlled
Don't feel bad, i turn 45 in July.  Maybe i'll be able to buy myself a Digitakt =o]

-Larry

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Justin Maxwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
on paper i agree. but in terms of just usage, i have far more instant fun on the md than i do on the rytm. the rytm makes you work for it and plan. the md is full of happiness 1 level deep, especially w/the sampling option.

On May 10 2017, at 10:03 pm, Scott Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
The rytm has very different tricks of its sleeve. Elektron was very smart to build the rytm with extremely different capabilities from the MD. It's difficult to compare them, imho.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 11:01 PM, "Justin Maxwell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
one of the best things in my studio, forever. rytm doesnt come close.

On May 10 2017, at 10:00 pm, Scott Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
The MD has some tricks up its sleeve that no other instruments can pull off (near as easily, anyhow). To this day, it remains an incredibly relevant and potent instrument.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 10:57 PM, "Tony Bar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I feel ya man, I bought myself the Analog RYTM for my 40th.   Now I'm jonesing after the Digitakt -- Elektron's products are just so much fun to use.

> On May 10, 2017, at 8:03 AM, Alex Timchak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone thinking about selling one? I'm in Chicago.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Jason Proctor
i turned 50 last August and started a modular for the 4th time...

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Computer Controlled <[hidden email]> wrote:
Don't feel bad, i turn 45 in July.  Maybe i'll be able to buy myself a Digitakt =o]

-Larry

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Justin Maxwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
on paper i agree. but in terms of just usage, i have far more instant fun on the md than i do on the rytm. the rytm makes you work for it and plan. the md is full of happiness 1 level deep, especially w/the sampling option.

On May 10 2017, at 10:03 pm, Scott Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
The rytm has very different tricks of its sleeve. Elektron was very smart to build the rytm with extremely different capabilities from the MD. It's difficult to compare them, imho.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 11:01 PM, "Justin Maxwell" <[hidden email]> wrote:
one of the best things in my studio, forever. rytm doesnt come close.

On May 10 2017, at 10:00 pm, Scott Fox <[hidden email]> wrote:
The MD has some tricks up its sleeve that no other instruments can pull off (near as easily, anyhow). To this day, it remains an incredibly relevant and potent instrument.

Scott

On May 10, 2017 10:57 PM, "Tony Bar" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I feel ya man, I bought myself the Analog RYTM for my 40th.   Now I'm jonesing after the Digitakt -- Elektron's products are just so much fun to use.

> On May 10, 2017, at 8:03 AM, Alex Timchak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Anyone thinking about selling one? I'm in Chicago.
>
> Cheers,
> Alex

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Quincas Moreira
42 on Saturday the 13th here!
Just got a new iMac :)

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Mark Spano
Turned 40 here in November.

Bought a pair of DeVore O/96s and about to buy a Line Magnetic SET integrated.

If our hearing degrades as we age, why do I hear so much more these days?

--
Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Ian-201
I guess I'll be 30 in a year and a half or so, I better start saving.

--
Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Peter Forrest

Damn, you guys are so YOUNG!

And actually when I was around 40 I was having to sell gear for the first time ever, to keep up with family commitments!

But if you can do it,  treating yourself is always a nice antidote to getting older.

Peter Forrest (just back from playing cricket at the ripe old age of 65)

--

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

random variate
Ok, so it's getting dark by 830pm in southern UK at present. So Peter 'just back from cricket' at around 11pm suggests maybe there was a liquid interlude in between?

Jus' sayin.

Cheers! (Hic!)

Tim (41)

--

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Justin Maxwell
41 here as well, 3yo kid + a startup keeping me away from much music time though!

(btw, as said before, get the UW mkII +. amaaaaaazing.)

--

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Peter Forrest

We didn’t get to the pub till after 9 though :o) – still playing at 8.45 when it was getting dark, lost off the final ball of the match!

Ex team members include Hugh Manson who makes some pretty far-out electronicsy guitars for Matt Bellamy from Muse, and ahem, Howard Marks (Mr Nice, famous drug  guy in UK)’s son-in-law who eventually left also to spend some time at her majesty’s pleasure.

Peter

--

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

pdohman
Forty here too...

Purchased my first modular case filled with doepfer & a measonix/toppobrillo back in November. I initially worried the metasonix “RK4” was un-needed & that the specs were perfumed/exaggerated however I’ve been pleasantly surprised with it’s low THD & effectiveness as a modulator. I also quite like the new vintage doepfer cases although a few of the bus stops seem a little sideways ;)

Regards
Patrick

--

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

DJMaytag
How the hell did we get so old? I remember a few of us being a bunch of young snot nosed kids, seemingly just a few years ago. Probably has something to do with taking a decade off from being subscribed to AH!

That said, I missed my chance two years ago. I did get to order a Weller WESD51 iron this year though! Guess I have to MAKE my next cool toy. :)

Mitch

--

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular

Re: The big four-O is coming up and thinking about buying a Machinedrum UW+

Bruno Afonso
MD (original one) was my first elektron machine. Still the most immediately satisfying like others say. Can't say the elektron way currently fits my workflow.. for example, my use of the A4 was mostly as a poly synth.  That said I don't think anyone will ever regret getting an MD... if you don't like its synth capabilities - can't see how though - you can simply record some stuff. I had fun using the real time recording and playing back.. couple it with other drum machines and it's realtime mangling of other synth or drum machines. Lots of fun !

Gonna hit four O in a few years, but I already feel I've done some splurging beforehand in my pre-40 life crisis. :)