Where can I find this?

skunk3
I would like something that is basically a 3 tier keyboard stand, except with lipped shelves on each tier, so it easily holds stuff like drum machines, fx, etc. I have seen stuff like this before but haven't found where you can actually buy it via Google searching. Is it DIY stuff people are doing, or what?

Fwd: Re: [AH] Where can I find this?

Mark C

The two I can think of (and Im sure you have already) are Jaspers A frame or X frame as shown below.  The x frame looks a bit rickety at three.

https://vice-images.vice.com/images/articles/crops/2012/02/15/electric-independence-ceephax-acid-crew-1413460490229-crop_social.jpeg

I would like something that is basically a 3 tier keyboard stand, except with lipped shelves on each tier, so it easily holds stuff like drum machines, fx, etc. I have seen stuff like this before but haven't found where you can actually buy it via Google searching. Is it DIY stuff people are doing, or what?

I would like something that is basically a 3 tier keyboard stand, except with lipped shelves on each tier, so it easily holds stuff like drum machines, fx, etc. I have seen stuff like this before but haven't found where you can actually buy it via Google searching. Is it DIY stuff people are doing, or what?

Re: Where can I find this?

FlavioB
Jaspers.

I would like something that is basically a 3 tier keyboard stand, except with lipped shelves on each tier, so it easily holds stuff like drum machines, fx, etc. I have seen stuff like this before but haven't found where you can actually buy it via Google searching. Is it DIY stuff people are doing, or what?

Re: Where can I find this?

Mike HEQX
I use an On-Stage tubular a-frame that I made into a 4 tier by capping
the top. That top bar can be used for a shelf if I want

These clamps can attach to any kind of shelf and then clamp onto anything.

https://static.bhphoto.com/images/images500x500/impact_cc_106r_super_clamp_with_ratchet_1370882787000_824360.jpg

This is my stand

http://boracci.com/images/DSC_0185.JPG

The top tier is a cheat as it sits on top without being clamped, but
that is where I now have those exact clamps and I am adding an aluminum
shelf to hold a kaoscillator and some other boxes.

mike

On 8/8/2017 1:27 AM, skunk3 wrote:
> I would like something that is basically a 3 tier keyboard stand,
> except with lipped shelves on each tier, so it easily holds stuff like
> drum machines, fx, etc. I have seen stuff like this before but haven't
> found where you can actually buy it via Google searching. Is it DIY
> stuff people are doing, or what?

Re: Where can I find this?

davidbivins
Hi Mike,

Are the On-Stage a-frame parts compatible with Ultimate A-Frame parts? While I was sleeping last decade, Ultimate stopped making a-frame stands.

Thanks,
David

I use an On-Stage tubular a-frame that I made into a 4 tier by capping the top. That top bar can be used for a shelf if I want

Re: Where can I find this?

Brian Willoughby
Not to change the topic, but what is that on the top? I've never seen a MIDI controller like that. Looks interesting because it is unique, but it also looks like a very inefficient use of space with only slightly more than 50% of the surface covered in controls.

Ok, switching from mobile browser to laptop, I see that it says Roland JV-80. Seems like you'd be better off with a custom controller and a JV-880, at least in terms of making the most use of your top shelf. I assume it cost a bit to convert a standard JV-80 to remove the keyboard and make a custom enclosure.

Brian

On Aug 8, 2017, at 2:16 PM, Mike HEQX <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is my stand
>
> http://boracci.com/images/DSC_0185.JPG
>
> The top tier is a cheat as it sits on top without being clamped, but that is where I now have those exact clamps and I am adding an aluminum shelf to hold a kaoscillator and some other boxes.

Re: Where can I find this?

Mike HEQX
Brian,

Glad you picked up some inspiration from it. I've been studying the
shape of it for months and wanting another one.

You know when I did the surgery it took a while for me to realize how
cool it is. Not perfect, but cool. The end caps are black .25"
polycarbonate and the facia is aluminum and ABS. The bottom is
reinforced with thin aluminum angle and I created some internal
circuitry additions that I dare not touch right now since I'm gigging
with it. That's where the missing controls are, and they are just
dormant for now. When reconnected you can do double modulations by
combining internal and midi modulation controls. the only thing I regret
is not being able to access the aftertouch function which requires a key
down signal to work. That would just be the bomb.

On the subject of doing other controllers  in this format, I am all over
that. I have a wide sequencer in the works that is so cool I can't talk
about it just yet.

I agree with you that for a performance musician it is a totally great
thing to have everything you need on one layer. My dream box would be
just the same size as the JV-80 but with, velocity sensitive pads, a ton
of sliders, knobs, wheels, d-beam, a translucent strip in the back that
has a little light show going on, tons of routing switches, LED patch
and bank display ( keep it simple ), purple leds, touch strips, xy
matrix pad, 4 joysticks, lots of CV out and a vocoder. That's easy to do
if everything is connected internally in a modular fashion. I'm not an
embedded systems programmer yet, so I couldn't do it as a system on chip
thing. Perhaps raspberry pi or a few arduinos talking to eachother.

I like having the keyboard as a separate item, although it's another
piece to carry. If the stupid Fatar 49 key that I have had a mod wheel
and pitch bend I would have used that. That Yamaha ( CBX-K3 steel beast
from 1990 )  has an assignable slider and that is the killer app.
Expression control interacts with the JV so wildly that I get all kinds
of crazy heterodyne sounds, sweeping high pass filtering, it's pretty good.

  Mike